user-menu

Sign In
Sign In

River Royale - Oct. 14, 2012

User Rules
European Jewels: River Royale - Oct. 14, 2012
cpack48cpack48Member since 8/19/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 10:24 AM
My husband and I are traveling for the first time on a Uniworld cruise. (Actually, this is our first cruise EVER). We will be going from Arles to Lyon with an extension in Paris afterward. What should we take for coats, etc. Who are we traveling with?
Report Abuse Reply to this post
mobirdmobirdMember since 7/14/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 6:14 AM
My husband and I will be taking this trip in the middle of September. What weather can we expect. Having been on two river cruises (one not with Uniworld) and having weather stopping us from making the full trip, we have changed from Spring to Fall and are hoping to make it all the way up the river this time.I would like to add that on the Uniworld trip although we didn't sail all the way, we had a really enjoyable trip and saw all the sights that we would have seen, but by bus. The cruise director Peter (Duoro river trip) made our holiday a success instead of a disaster he (and Uniworld) combined to make sure we had a great holiday and the food was fantastic.
Expect five star hotel food.
communitymanagercommunitymanagerMember since 10/5/2011 Login to add friend Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:52 PM
Hello and thanks for the message.
I would check weather.com right before you leave for your trip to check the weather. I would recommend that you bring clothing you can layer such as a cardigan sweater and coat.

Here's the historical weather for Lyon in October - 61 F highs and lows 47 F so you have an idea - http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/vacationclimatology/monthly/FRXX0055

Best,
Anne (community manager)
communitymanagercommunitymanagerMember since 10/5/2011 Login to add friend Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:59 PM
Hello and thanks for the message.

As you already know, the water levels can be very unpredictable while on a river cruise.
Rest assured, you will have an experienced Uniworld Team in Europe who will ensure you have an enjoyable vacation.
Best,
Anne (community manager)