Contact Your Travel Agent or Call
1-800-257-2407

user-menu

Sign In
Sign In

Leaving May 2014 for Castles on the Rhine (Amsterdam to Basel) River Cruise (Antoinette)

User Rules
Grand European River Voyage: Leaving May 2014 for Castles on the Rhine (Amsterdam to Basel) River Cruise (Antoinette)
Travel4FunTravel4FunMember since 10/10/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:44 AM
My husband and I are going on our first river cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We've looked at the itinerary and noticed several "optional" tours as well. For anyone who has been on this cruise already, I wondered if you could help us with some additional information.
1. Some info on approximately per person, what the costs are for the optional excursions?
2. Of the excursions you went on, which ones would you recommend the most.
3. Any pointers for first time river cruises.
Thanks kindly!

Report Abuse Reply to this post
TiftontravelersTiftontravelersMember since 1/24/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 6:46 AM
We are going to be on the Antoinette May 12 leaving from Amsterdam. We're so excited,
TraceyTraceyMember since 1/25/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:13 AM
Hello Tiftontraverer!

One of us has a problem. We have reservations on the Antoinette leaving Basel on May 11!
TiftontravelersTiftontravelersMember since 1/24/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:00 AM
We leave May 4th. From Amsterdam, Definitely my mistake.
pmbankpmbankMember since 2/1/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:16 AM
Dear Cruiser: Have a wonderful time. You will find that your days are kept pretty full. You can "ask the expert" if you want to know the approx costs or you can call the Uniworld 1800 number. The nice thing about Uniworld, you can book your excursions a day or two before. They do a briefing on the ship so you can make an educated decision and get the costs. If they don't have enough people sign up, they do cancel the excursions. Have you printed the "cruise companion" ??? if not, make sure you do. It has tons of details and hints. It's on the website under "before you go". Take binoculars with you for sure. It's so lovely going down the Rhine, we went in May two years ago. The countryside is breathtaking. Pmbank