Contact Your Travel Agent or Call
1-800-257-2407

user-menu

Sign In
Sign In

Visas for 2013

User Rules
Grand Asia & the Mekong: Visas for 2013
dennisgdennisgMember since 1/29/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:32 PM
For Vietnam, one can get an e-visa approval by a variety of web based vendors. Our processing fee for a couple for a multiple entry was $26. You need to add $65 each payable in fresh US currency at HAN or SGN (we entered at the latter - took all of a few minutes).
The vendor turned about the app and had a copy of our approval letter back to us in less than a week. At SGN, we presented the letter, and you need to partially complete an entry form, and in a few minutes you will be asked for the money, the Visa will be affixed into your passport, and you will be on your way.

For Cambodia, Uniworld said it could not be done on the River, but our Cruise Director offered to do it. Anyway, for US and I guess Canada, file the app and your passport to the Consulate in Washington DC. Cost is $20, plus about $5.50 (I'm guessing on 2013 US postage rates) postage each way. From FL to DC, time for processing, and back, was about 17 days.
good luck - let's see if the moderator will let this through

Report Abuse Reply to this post
jldawes@SYMPATICO.CAjldawes@SYMPATICO.CAMember since 4/2/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 2:16 PM
This is great information. The agency that Uniworld has provided is extremely expensive based on what others have told me as you have confirmed as well.
I've learned that there is a Tourist Visa booth at the airport in Vietnam where you can get your visa at much less. However, I am still not sure what requirements are needed. Passport photos, a letter of entry etc.?

As for Cambodia, I was told you can receive a visa as soon as you disembark. I cannot confirm what is required for this visa by anyone at the moment.

We have an Embassy in Canada for Vietnam, but so far have not found one for Cambodia.

If you happen to have any added information, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you in advance.

Report Abuse Reply to this post