user-menu

Sign In
Sign In

September 23, 2012 - Budapest to Passau

User Rules
Enchanting Danube: September 23, 2012 - Budapest to Passau
dschmitzdschmitzMember since 8/18/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:00 AM

We are two couples traveling on the River Beatrice from Budapest to Passau on September 23, 2012. This will be our 6th Uniworld cruise and we are looking forward to our experience on the Beatrice. We will spend two night in Prague before the cruise and plan on spending four nights in Munich at the end to attend Oktoberfest!

[color=#444444] [/color]
We are late 50's/early 60's and would like to hear from anyone else joining us on this cruise.

Report Abuse Reply to this post
DebbieDebbieMember since 8/18/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 3:07 PM
My husband and I will be on our first Uniworld Cruise on September 23, we are in our early 60's and are looking forward to what sounds like a great cruise.

We have been reading about the Optional Excursions and would like to know if you all have done these in the past. Plus, since it is our first cruise, we would appreciate any tips you could share. We have traveled on our own in Europe four times so we are aware of the basics.. We arrive in Budapest on 9/19 and are joining the extension at the end to Prague.

Thank you and Safe travels,
Debbie

dschmitzdschmitzMember since 8/18/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:35 AM
Debbie,

We have always taken the optional tours....since we're already there. There is always an included tour at each stop. The optional tours are for people who want to see a little more...and pay for it. We have been on this cruise in the winter, but not on the River Beatrice. I know you will enjoy Uniworld service....we just can't get enough. We are already booked on Uniworld's Imperial Waterways of Russia for the August 21, 2013 sailing. We have not been to Russia with Uniworld, so this will be new.

The four of us traveling together are from Texas. Where are you from? If you have any specific questions, please email me at: j.dirk.schmitz@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Dirk Schmitz
DebbieDebbieMember since 8/18/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 12:14 PM
Thank you, Dirk, for the information concerning the optional tours. We have been reading the choices and are intrigued!

We are from Georgia and often times while traveling people guess we are from Texas.

It's great to hear such positive comments about Uniworld from such seasoned travelers. Bill and I look forward to meeting you all in September.

Safe travels,
Debbie
dschmitzdschmitzMember since 8/18/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 9:25 AM
Debbie, looks like we are the only people on our cruise. I expected more people to use the Community Forum. We're easy to spot. I am 6'7" and my wife has auburn hair.
See y'all shortly.....
Dirk and Sherry Schmitz

DebbieDebbieMember since 8/18/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:59 PM
Hello, we are leaving for Budapest tomorrow afternoon and will see you all on Sunday. The weather looks a litte rainy for our weekend there but is clearing for Vienna! Thanks for the description, we will be sure to introduce ourselves. Safe and Happy Travels, Debbie Richardson