Contact Your Travel Agent or Call
1-800-257-2407

user-menu

Sign In
Sign In

May 11, 2014.....

User Rules
Enchanting Danube: May 11, 2014.....
KAKAMember since 3/6/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:36 PM
Hi from Wisconsin!!! This will be our 2nd Uniworld cruise (last year did Italy cruise). Excited to return to Europe..we are doing the Prague extension as well arriving in The Czech Republic actually the week prior to cruise. We have plans to travel to Pilsen... Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome... Or if you are traveling on this cruise & want to say hello before, drop us a note. Thx....Kathy and Lee
Report Abuse Reply to this post
mbpdammbpdamMember since 2/22/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 11:08 AM
Hi,We are from Florida, and this is our 1st river cruise, although we have both been to Europe before. We are excited about this trip and are looking forward to meeting our traveling companions. We will be spending 2 nights in Prague before we get on the ship. It will be interesting to see countries that previously were behind the iron curtain. Are you familiar with Prague? Are there any specific things that you would recommend that we try to do during our brief stay? What part of Wisconsin are you from? I have relatives in Sheboygan. Dennis & Mary Beth
KAKAMember since 3/6/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 2:15 PM
Hi!! We live in DePere, Wi; just south of Green Bay. I am just a little familiar with Sheboygan as my son went to Lakeland College there years ago & also know a great pizza place that we love in down down Sheboygan (II Ritrovo) . We have friends that have visited Prague & she is looking to give me her guide book for there. So far she has just mentioned the big Apostle Clock & some of the cathedrals. And as expected reminded us to have good walking shoes!! I try to walk on a regular basis but my husband, not so much so trying to convince him to think about using our elliptical a little bit more b4 we go. LOL. But he did fine in Italy. Getting closer to date, I will share more info on Prague after I visit with our friends who went there & also my niece who taught there for a few months. So glad you replied to the post :-). Kathy & Lee
mbpdammbpdamMember since 2/22/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:24 AM
Thanks for your quick reply and offer to share more information about Prague after you speak with your friends. Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated. We look forward to meeting you on the ship on May 11th. I am familiar with the pizza restaurant that you mentioned. I believe that it is owned by the same chef who operates a high end Italian restaurant right across the street (can't remember the name, though). My relatives from Sheboygan just visited us last week and said that the winter has been a wee bit harsh this year. We have a guide book on Prague and need to start studying it. We are both walkers, so we should be in pretty good shape to take on Europe. Dennis and Mary Beth
NexiferNexiferMember since 3/8/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 8:19 AM
We will be on the cruise, pre in Prague and post in Budapest. Then flying to Cologne to visit with our exchange daughter from 20 years ago! We've been to see her several times and she visits us quite often here in Florida.

Are you doing any of the tours in Prague? We have never been there and looking forward to it. Always searching for great new restaurants!

Henry and Laura from South Florida sunshine and 80 degrees all Winter. ;-)
NexiferNexiferMember since 3/8/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 8:22 AM
South Florida here. Coral Springs. Will be doing the same Prague and Budapest pre and post. I've been told Prague is a great city but have never been there. Looking forward to it. Will probably take the city tour and maybe the optional tour. Otherwise will wing it.

Henry and Laura
NexiferNexiferMember since 3/8/2014 Login to add friend Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 8:22 AM
South Florida here. Coral Springs. Will be doing the same Prague and Budapest pre and post. I've been told Prague is a great city but have never been there. Looking forward to it. Will probably take the city tour and maybe the optional tour. Otherwise will wing it.

Henry and Laura