1-800-257-2407

user-menu

Sign In
Sign In

Travelers on the April 7th 2013

User Rules
1 | 2 | 3 | Last
Castles along the Rhine: Travelers on the April 7th 2013
jonski688jonski688Member since 9/26/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:36 PM
We would like to connect to others, on the above cruise, before the trip. It will be very nice to somewhat know some of our travel companions when we arrive and have the fun of matching emails to faces and personalities. To give a brief summery, we are in our mid 60's, retired, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. This is our first river cruise and Linda's first trip to europe. We were a lot more active a few years ago, until knee problems curtailed our hiking and skiing. (getting old s ks). Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
JOHN

Report Abuse Reply to this post
jammer1jammer1Member since 12/9/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:07 PM
Hello!
We too have booked the April 7th cruise. This will be our first trip to Europe. We are very excited about the trip. We both still work. I am 61 and my wife Sally is a bit younger than me. Looking forward to the tours and beautiful scenery. We have been on numerous ocean cruises and it will be nice to be on a smaller ship.

Jeff
jonski688jonski688Member since 9/26/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 5:51 AM
Hi Jeff and sally,
Linda and I (John) live in upstate New York, retired five and ten years. We enjoy traveling and have put nearly 30,000 miles on our rv in the past few years. We decided to do something special for our 20th anniversery and this trip won. We are spending 3 days in Amsterdam prior and 4 days in Basel after the cruise. While in .Amsterdam we are spending a day at a flower "wonderland" , other than that we have no definate plans.
The only other cruise we have been on was a barefoot cruise many years ago. We are so looking forward to this trip to experience europe, seeing the sites, meeting the people and meeting history books in person.
We will be liviing in cabin 331 for the trip and looking forward to meeting you in person in less than 4 months.
Happy Holidays
John and Linda
parkerpatchparkerpatchMember since 12/16/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:46 PM
Hi John.. don't feel bad about bad knees and those problems. You are just a kid.. this one is 84 and still going fairly strong. I wanted my wife to see some of the sites in europe I saw in the '50's but she never wanted to fly across the big pond!! We've been on 8 big ship cruises and she didn't want to go on any more. When we saw the river cruise with Uniworld --Castles on the Rhine.. she was excited about that and we decided to go for it. We went last Aug. from Amstradam and it was the trip of a life time.. you can't go wrong with that cruise nor going with Uniworld!!! Absolutely fantastic.. ship crew, passengers, and tours. When we saw the air deal that Uniworld was offering for a few days... two for one air.. we decided to go back with them and take the 10 day cruise "Tulips and Windmills" from Amstradam March 22, 2013... needless to say , we're real excited about that trip. If you fly British Air or Delta (which) we're taking this time because it is direct and not stopping in London, try to get the "Econony Plus or Comfort".. man, to you ever get the service in that class... cost alittle more but well worth it. Have a great trip..... Bill

parkerpatchparkerpatchMember since 12/16/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:48 PM
Hey John... forgot to tell you we celebrated our 55th anniversary Sat... my other half is 7 years younger and she just won't be nice to "senior citizens"!!! Bill
jonski688jonski688Member since 9/26/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:00 AM
congradulations on your 55th.
Thanks for the info and suggestions. I haven't been in Europe since the late 1969 and linda has never been. It seems to be so much more complicated today. We are spending 3 days in Amsterdam and (Linda) hope to spend a day at one of the "flower wonderlands" and I'm hopeing to spend a day driving in the Alps during the 4 days we have in Basel after the cruise. Other than these we plan to visit a few museums and wing it, not knowing what is available. Hopefully some of the hosts will have some suggestions.
Have a great trip this new year.
JOHN &LINDA

ClerkClerkMember since 1/17/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:19 AM
Hi:
My husband Bill and I will be on the April 7th Castles along the Rhine river cruise. This will be our second Uniworld river cruise. Last summer we did the Danube from Budapest to Prague. We loved it. We enjoy the smaller ship and less passengers. We are in our early 60's and have been retired for 4 years. Love retirement and traveling. I think you will really enjoy Uniworld and the food was wonderful. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bonnie and Bill

ClerkClerkMember since 1/17/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:54 AM
Hi:
My husband Bill and I will be on the April 7th Castles along the Rhine river cruise. This will be our second Uniworld river cruise. Last summer we did the Danube from Budapest to Prague. We loved it. We enjoy the smaller ship and less passengers. We are in our early 60's and have been retired for 4 years. Love retirement and traveling. I think you will really enjoy Uniworld and the food was wonderful. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bonnie and Bill
jammer1jammer1Member since 12/9/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 8:00 AM
Greetings John & Linda,

Hope you had a great holiday season, we did. Now, concentrating on the trip! We live in SE WI. We would have loved to arrive early & stay after the trip, but our jobs won't allow it, next time perhaps! Driving the Alps sounds like fun. We purchased a new camera with 30X optical zoom so we could get some great shots of the castles from the ship! Our travel agent has been on this cruise and is excited for us. She gave us some great tips. We will be in room 427. Looking forward to meeting our fellow shipmates!

Jeff & Sally
ClerkClerkMember since 1/17/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:41 AM
Hi Jeff and Sally:
We look forward to meeting you, we are in cabin 419 close to you. We are from Florida and this will be our second river cruise. We did the Danube last year. It was wonderful. What type of camera do you have? My husband has a Nicon but not a 30x zoom. Sounds like you are a serious picture taker.

The trip will be here before we know it. Can't wait.

Bill and Bonnie
1 | 2 | 3 | Last