Forums

1 | 2 | 3
Castles along the Rhine: Amsterdam to Basel May 5th 2013
obrieny2kobrieny2kMember since 10/7/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:13 PM
We just booked for the May 5th departure from Amsterdam to Basel. We are looking forward to our first trip to Europe and our first cruise. Uniworld sure seems like they have a very nice package put together, and the S.S. Antoinette looks amazing.If you are going on this cruise and would like to chat drop a note. This seems like a nice format to get to know cruise mates before the trip. If you have gone on this cruise in the past and have any tips please share.
Cheers
Report Abuse Reply to this post
annemarieannemarieMember since 8/18/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 4:49 AM
We did this cruise in Sept. 2011. The Antoinette is a fabulous ship, its staff incredible. We ended up doing all the optional excursions and were glad that we did. Know that the trip to Markus Castle in Koblenz(I hope that it is what it was called) was interesting but not outstanding. If you have already done castles in Europe before I think you can miss it. As well, the winery visit and tasting at the estate was scenic and pretty but not outstanding if there is another option you would prefer. We loved Rudesheim, Heidelberg, Strasbourg, Kolmar and Alsace the most. Koln not so much. Koblenz was sweet If you end up wanting to do a bit of souvenir shopping Heidelberg, Strasbourg and the Alsatian towns of Kaysersberg(picture perfect) and Riquewihr are your best bets. Happy to answer any more questions.
linbagz@aol.comlinbagz@aol.comMember since 7/15/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:51 PM
We too are on the same trip...Looking forward to it
linbagz@aol.comlinbagz@aol.comMember since 7/15/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:53 PM
when did you sogn up for the excusions? Are most of the stops right in the village?
CommunityManager3CommunityManager3Member since 5/17/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:26 AM
Hello,

You can sign up for the optional excursion onboard the ship when you arrive. Yes, mos the ports Uniworld will dock at are near the heart of the city/village.

Should you have additional questions or would like additional information, please feel free to email communitymanager@uniworld.com

Thank you,
Katie (community manager)
AprilJoyAprilJoyMember since 1/11/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 2:39 AM
Don't worry the Cruise Manager will tell you all about the excursions a couple of days before (when you are on the Cruise) and give you time to decide. You book on board.
DianeDEGDianeDEGMember since 1/30/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:12 AM
Don and I are booked on this cruise as well. I have never taken a cruise before but this one sounds amazing! We are arriving in Amsterdam on May 2nd to see the city and get over the jetlag before the cruise. Afterwards we are visiting France for 2 weeks, Burgundy region, then Normandy, and then Paris.We have booked cottages in the countryside rather than staying in hotels, except for Amsterdam and Paris of course.
We are both so excited about this trip and looking forward to meeting all of our fellow travellers!
Where is everyone from? We are Canadians and live in Ontario between Ottawa and Toronto along the shores of Lake Ontario. Our region is full of vineyards, wineriws and artists studios. I moved here from Ottawa after retiring in 2010 and I love it here. Don has lived here all of his life and retired from farming recently.
Warmest regards
Diane & Don
dews1717dews1717Member since 1/31/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:37 AM
Hello Diane & Don;
We are also on the May 5th.cruise and looking forward to it. We have both travelled Europe by rail and car but this will be the first time by ship! It sounds like you will have a great trip even before the cruise.
See you on board,
David & Katerina
Vancouver BC

DianeDEGDianeDEGMember since 1/30/2013 Login to add friend Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:23 AM
Hi Dave and Katrina. Glad to see there will be other Canadians onboard. I was wondering have you received your documents from Uniworld yet? We paid in full when we booked last October and completed our "Before You Go" forms and submitted them awhile back, but have only received an acknowledgement of receipt. I thought the details and other paperwork would be sent to us by now. I am concerned because we will be away for the month of March.
Does anyone know when the paperwork is sent out by Uniworld?
Diane & Don
CommunityManager3CommunityManager3Member since 5/17/2012 Login to add friend Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:39 AM
Hi Diane,

Thank you for choosing Uniworld. Your cruise documents are sent 3-5 weeks before your departure date. They are also sent to your Travel Agent, who will deliver them to you, unless otherwise notified. Since your departure date is May 5, you should be receiving documents mid-late April.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact customerservice@uniworld.com.

All the best,
Katie (community manager)
1 | 2 | 3

user-menu

Sign In
Sign In